Top 5 Wineries to Check Out When You Stay at our B&B
Are you planning a visit to the Hamptons this summer and looking for entertainment? You’re in luck. This part of town is famous for its historic vineyards and award-winning wineries. At the Baker House 1650 Bed and Breakfast, we are always staying updated on the latest and greatest destinations in the neighborhood. Take a look at our top 5 picks!
- Wolffer Winery – One of the most famous and beloved locales in the Hamptons, this Sagaponack winery is the ultimate destination for a romantic summer night or a day of drinking and basking in the beautiful weather. With events like Sunset Fridays and Saturdays, Yoga in the Vines, Grilling with winemaker Roman Roth, and Wine and Food festivals, there is plenty to see and do at the historic vineyard.
- Duck Walk Vineyards – Located in both Southampton and now North Fork, this adorably named vineyard has produced an array of award-winning wines that make the trip worthwhile. Covering 140 stunning acres, over 35,000 cases of wine are produced annually here. Make sure to try the Vidal Ice Wine, which is a special recipe made from grapes frozen on the vine, and the Blueberry Port which is the ultimate summer beverage – made from wild Maine blueberries.
- Kontokosta Winery – This relatively new winery has already made a huge splash with its award-winning wines and stunning views. With a very sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere, you can take in the Long Island Sound while sampling delicious and memorable Sauvignon Blancs and Rosés.
- Bedell Cellars – Under the supervision of renowned winemaker, Rich Olsen-Harbich, this vineyard grows over 80-acres worth of flavorful grapes. The family-owned winery delivers in terms of personalized attention and an intimate ambiance. Served at the 2013 United States Presidential Inauguration, the famed wine is worthy of its massive reputation.
- Channing Daughters – Located on the East End, this winery believes in taking risks and having fun. If you want to try a bunch of experimentative flavors and styles of wine, you will really enjoy this winery. For visitors who enjoy seeing how things are made, you can watch the whole vino-making procedure from start to finish and learn something new along the way!
A trip to the Hamptons this summer is truly not complete without a visit to one of the many famed wineries in the area. Whether you are a true oenophile or you just want to spend time outdoors, soaking in the ambiance and imbibing, there are plenty of great reasons to visit one of these famous vineyards before your trip is up! If you would like to learn more, visit our bed & breakfast online for answers to all your questions. We’ll see you soon!